We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
434 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September

Hi... I will be in Amsterdam 16/9 - 22/9... reading other posts it seems that the Summer weather is expected to be hot. Can anyone tell me what the temps were like mid-September 2006?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
23 Reviews
from US$ 20.70*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and...
2,494 Reviews
from US$ 69.80*
Free Cancellation
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and...
560 Reviews
from US$ 129.00*
Free Cancellation
Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September

I spent two weeks last Spetember in Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. I wore my coat once the entire two weeks. Even the evenings were very warm and pleasant. It was atypical.

It is always best to be prepared for rain and be happy when the weather is great. After more than twenty trips into Europe during the month of September, I've discovered that the weather can be just about anything.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September

Hi all,

i will be in Amterdam from 12/9 thru 24/9, side trips to Germany and Belguim, looking for other to meet up with to sight see, have a beer, this will be my second time in Amsterdam. i was told the weather could be warm could be cold so im going with that, let me know if you want to meet up for a beer

Peace Matt

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Boston
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September

I was in Amsterdam last year the 2nd to last week of Sept and the temps were unseasonably warm at about 77-80 degrees. We had luckily just escaped a whole week of rain the week before . I guess just make sure you take the appropriate clothing for warm and cold temps. It seems a pain, but better to be prepared for whatever.

I'm also headed back on Sept. 21st for a week woo hoo!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September

See also the FAQ-section on this forum.

5. Re: Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 13:47