We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the Moevenpick

Boston,MA
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near the Moevenpick

I'm going to be in Amsterdam this summer and am looking for a hotel that is --- preferably --- within walking distance(15-20 mt) of the Amsterdam City Centre.

I'd like to stay in a hotel that has character and charm, and isn't one of the standard chain hotels. Will the Clemens Hotel fit the bill? Are there other hotels you'd recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam City Tours
Amsterdam City Tours
423 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clemens Hotel
Clemens Hotel
1,177 Reviews
Hotel Sebastian's
Hotel Sebastian's
#4 of 380 hotels in Amsterdam
Mauro Mansion
Mauro Mansion
#5 of 380 hotels in Amsterdam
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
#7 of 380 hotels in Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near the Moevenpick

hi Clemens is a small hotel , its certainly central , but I have never been to it , so cannot comment further.

A couple of others A-train and Prins Hendrik , might fit the bill. Both have character and are independent. The Chet Baker Room at Prins Hendrik also has atmosphere ! ....... geoff

Mentioned in this post
Clemens Hotel
Clemens Hotel
1,177 Reviews
Hotel Prins Hendrik
Hotel Prins Hendrik
695 Reviews
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,821 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near the Moevenpick

If it is within your budget the Estherea would certainly fit your requirements - see the reviews on this site.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Estherea
Hotel Estherea
4,245 Reviews
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,554 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near the Moevenpick

Clemens? First I hate the street it is on. If you get a front room....good by sleep. The noisest arear I have ever stayed. Noise late.Noise very early.

Now while I have never stayed in that exact same hotel (although right next door) I have read the reviews posted on another site of the Clemens.

Two kinds of reviews. Some that seem for some reason to always have the "same exact writing style" and have nothing but glowing things to say. Same writing style. Same positive comments.

And then there are those who write completely different and generally call those other reviews into question and blast the hotel as being much different that advertised. i.e. a dump.

But as I say I have never stayed there.

There are lots of good well reviewed hotels within the area you are interested in and would fit your bill.

Mentioned in this post
Clemens Hotel
Clemens Hotel
1,177 Reviews
Boston,MA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near the Moevenpick

Thank you all, your responses have helped.

I've been doing some searching and really liked the Hotel Brouwer --- unfortunately, it's not available for the dates I'm looking for.

Will keep searching...

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Brouwer
Hotel Brouwer
435 Reviews
5. Re: Hotel near the Moevenpick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 18:47