We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan Rental

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
Campervan Rental

My boyfriend, my friend and I will be traveling to The Netherlands in September and looking to rent a campervan for 2, maybe 3 nights. I see there are many options and was wondering if there is a site, like kayak, expedia, etc. that can help us narrow down our options and prices better?

If not, does anyone have a recommendation of a company to use? We will be spend a day in Amsterdam before heading out, so a company near by or that can deliver to Amsterdam would be preferred. Just looking for a simple van that sleeps 3, has a small kitchenette.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions!

6 replies to this topic
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Campervan Rental

Why would you want to rent a campervan for such a short amount of time? What are you hoping to see? I reckon you could see just as much by public transport and hotels without spending (much) more or by renting a car. You can't sleep where you like with a campers anyway and you'd have to sleep on campgrounds which can be rather expensive for a campervan...

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Campervan Rental

We don't want to book anything in advance, so thought it would be fun to do the campervan and whenever we want to stop, we can just find a campground. We just want to see the coast and get away from some of the bigger city stuff.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
12,043 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Campervan Rental

AmyLee - That would not be a good plan. The Netherlands is quite different than western Washington. You don't simply drop in to a campground when you decide you want to stop and you'll also find very strict rules where you can and can't park. You'll also find there will be many towns and villages where you won't be able to go with a campervan. And be sure to make arrangements to pick it up on the way out of Amsterdam as the last thing you would want to be doing is faffing around the city in a campervan.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Campervan Rental

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help! I will rethink this idea and find another plan.

1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Campervan Rental

hi

i am looking to rent an RV for 6 days near Amsterdam.(19.8.19-25.8.19)

do you know of a good company that will rent for this amount of days and doesn't have a minimum of 14 or 10 days during august?

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Campervan Rental

What will you be doing with it? Cruising around the Netherlands?

But type in camper rental Amsterdam Google and you'll get a few good results.

Reply to: Campervan Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted