We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Trip December

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Amsterdam Trip December

Hi guys,

I am planning a surprise trip to Amsterdam in December with my partner for the weekend but neither of us have ever been so would be great to hear what others got up too whilst there. We are only there Fri/Sat/Sun, will obviously be visiting coffee shops and I was looking to book a night canal tour but other than that I am unsure what would be the most worth while things to book? Especially this time of year. Any particular places to eat/things to do that you could recommend would be fab. We are 22/23 if that helps! Also how easy is it to get around Amsterdam as our hotel is a short distance from the train station which we will be travelling to via the airport?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,788 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Trip December

https:/…First.Time.Visitors.html

Suggestions on what to do

No need to book a night canal boat tour just walk up, pay, go.

Trams are easy to use walking is by far the best way to see the city.

Edited: 02 August 2017, 18:19
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Trip December

Due to amsterdams early city planning and style of building it is a really easy city to walk in. I would only advise you to hop on a tram or metro when tired. Going from place to place within Amsterdam by public transport is a shame because there is so many to do and see. For food I would advise you to try some Dutch-Indonesian food like rijstafel. An Other area which you might be interested in is the Jordaan. It has a great vibe and loads of so called "brown cafes" . In these cafes you would experience real Amsterdam style of enjoying a beer.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
The Jordaan
The Jordaan
10,196 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3. Re: Amsterdam Trip December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2017, 23:05
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Trip December

There is an Irish bar in the RLD called Molly Malones which is always good for a nice drink and they did good food too. I would also recommend Black Tiger Bar, if you can get a good seat in the window you can spend hours in there people watching!

5. Re: Amsterdam Trip December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2018, 09:48