We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

Hello Experts! After flying through Amsterdam MANY times, we are finally taking a short stay in your beautiful city.

Here is the list of things we would like to do but I need help with the layout and what to put when. Also, there is a lot of "book now and avoid the line" offers on the internet. I'm fine with doing that (if you so advise) but would need to know about when I'd be at each museum. I'm also interested in the pharmacies in Amsterdam. Will they refill scripts from US like Canada will?

Our top choices. feel free to add your thoughts;

Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark (we love green space) Van Gogh, Canal Cruise, Begijnhof (maybe), Anne Frank (have tickets for noon on day 2) The Jordaan (maybe), Red light district... open to others! We appreciate you!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,741 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

The RLD, the vondelpark, the Jordaan is basicly you saying you are taking a walk. One park and two neighborhoods.

Take as much or as little time as you want in all three.

You could do vondelpark on your way to and from the VGM or the Rijks.

You could do the Jordaan and the RLD as you walk on either side of your canal cruise. You could do all three of these in less than four hours if you are pressed for time.

Two days 3 nights?

An idea of exactly how much time you have in town might help.

Edited: 22 May 2017, 02:07
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,912 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

And where you are staying?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

We arrive 10 am on the 10th and fly out noon on the 12th of July.

We are staying at the Ibis Amsterdam Central.

Thanks.

4. Re: organizing our 2 day 3 day stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2018, 10:47