We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

Tampa, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

Him me and my friends are trying to plan a trip to amsterdamn this summer (probably beginning of august or something) and nothin has been planned yet so we had a few questions.

What are the best hostels, i keep hearing about the flying pig, but i was wondering if anyone had any other ones that they know of?

We want to got to a lot of cultural sights, what museums do you recommend, and what else would you recommend.

What restaurants are good for a smaller budget, as we are college students .

What about night life, what are good clubs, coffee shop, and all that for tourists and again for a smaller budget.

Thanks so much!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,820 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

Go to the Amsterdam forum, not the NL forum, and look to the right of the page at the Top Questions. You can't be on a mobile to see them I am told.

Those TQs are for first time visitors and there is a lot there on cheap eating, transportation, what to see, etc, etc.

any specific questions just ask.

The flying pigs get excellent reviews.

But f you go to hostelworld.com or similar you can read reviews and get $$ for a number of other hostels. Look early and often. Hostel prices depending on dates even for beds in dorms can be reall good deals or shockingly high.

Read the reviews for the Hans Brinker hotel and hostel as well. They don't show up on hostelworld.com as far as I know.

Dirty Nellys would also be an option

Edited: 04 March 2017, 06:17
Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Hans Brinker Hostel Amsterdam
Hans Brinker Hostel...
1,496 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,820 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/index.htm

http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Map.html

Edited: 04 March 2017, 06:23
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

I am just too tired now. Will be back tomorrow morning to answer your questions. Please be patient. :-))

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

I recommend you search the Netherlands / Amsterdam forum pages with your key words.

a. hostels

b. restaurants

c. cheap food

d. museums

e. coffee shops

f. night life

etc.

You will be able to sort the results by date and see some of the best discussions which took place over the last 12-months or so on these topics.

Since you have not planned anything yet, reading these discussions will really help.

Then you can make a tentative plan and come back and discuss.

Its otherwise too much work for any of us to do for you - what you can easily achieve with an hour of effort.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
5. Re: General Questions about a trip to amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2018, 10:47