We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

San Diego...
5 posts
Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

So my partner and I are flying into amsterdam early february and our flight lands around 10pm I believe. I was wondering if it'd be crazy to stay out the whole night or should we try to find a place that has such late check in? Keep in mind that our flight from the US to Amsterdam will be around 13+ hours, so we'll be well-rested (I think)

Also, is there any tips you guys have for first time Europe travelers like us? We're easy going, don't care for luxury stuff that much.

Thanks for the future replies!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

Any normal hotel will allow you to check in at that time.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,697 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

Are you here for just that one night? Or is that first night the first night of your stay?

Many one and two star hotels will not check you in after 10 pm because they do not operate the front desk then.

All other 3-5 star hotels aka normal hotel :-) will be happy to show you to your room at any hour.

And early Feb is a great time for some really great rates on 4-5 star hotels. And I do mean great. With exact dates I could give you some ideas of cost-----well below regular cost hotels.

Go to your hotel, check in, hit the streets for an hour or two, enjoy a FEBO if you get hungry or head to one of my favs-----Bojo----open to midnight.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,529 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

>> Keep in mind that our flight from the US to Amsterdam will be around 13+ hours, so we'll be well-rested (I think)<<

LOL are you flying first class then. I doubt very much after 13 hours in Economy you will be well rested. Have you ever flown such long haul before?

Plenty of hotels have 24 hour reception.

4. Re: Plane lands in Amsterdam around 10pm, ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2017, 10:48