We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam, where to park ?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Rotterdam, where to park ?

Hey guys,

I think we have decided on spending a day in Rotterdam, and are interested in spending the day just shopping around Lijnbaan and Koopgoot. And maybe wander our way to the Cube houses and back.

My question is, what is the best way for us to get into Rotterdam? Is there anything similar to Amsterdam where we can park at the Amsterdam Arena and take subway into the city?

We do have a car, so can drive wherever we must.

Can't really find any helpful tips by googling as I am not familiar with Rotterdam at all.

Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

Does this site answer your questions?

http://www.rotterdam.nl/parking

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

not really as I am not sure what station is the one that would be convenient (coming from Utrecht direction). And not sure what station to exit for getting to the desired area.

I am looking for a landmark, just like I know in Amsterdam to park at Amsterdam Arena and take subway to central station.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

Coming from Utrecht P+R Alexander will be most convenient. From there take the metro to Beurs station for Lijnbaan and Koopgoot or to Blaak station for the Cube houses and the Markthal.

The parking fee is lower when you use the OV-chipkaart for the metro journeys.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

awesome, thank you that is very helpful.

Where do I get a OV chipkaart?

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

We park at the Arena to get into Amsterdam but Rotterdam P&R works differently. For one day, we parked at P&R Alexander and paid for a one day ticket on the metro. The parking €2 and the all day ticket was €6 or €7 each. I wouldn't get an OV-chipkaart if it isn't needed for any other transportation. Follow the signs from the A20 for the P&R Alexander. The Metro is across the street. Both the parking and the metro tickets are unattended but the chipped debit card worked for machines.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

perfect, thank you!

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

Hello, I know that this thread is over three months old but I have a question re the Park & Rides of Rotterdam.

On the site I read that parking in a Park + Ride I have to use the public transport with a chip card not a paper ticket, otherwise the full parking fee of €17 will be charged. On the public transport website there are several options of which tickets I can buy, among them a disposable chipcard. How much does this cost? And after buying the card, how much do I have to put credit in for a one-day travel? I will spend only one day in Rotterdam.

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

@Dutchmachine, I don't know if you went to Rotterdam yet. It has many cool places, but Lijnbaan and Koopgoot are the places to AVOID! Horrible, horrible.

Total waste of time, effort and travel cost. Just stay in Amsterdam and go to Nieuwendijk and Kalverstraat if you want boring mainstream chain shops.

Edited: 13 June 2016, 22:49
9. Re: Rotterdam, where to park ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 11:47