We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Prague

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Amsterdam to Prague

Just wondering with check in to airport in Amsterdam, flight to Prague approx 1.5 hour flight, then getting bags and getting to our hostel. Should we set aside a whole day of travel and not really plan anything that day?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
1. Re: Amsterdam to Prague

On such days when I change base, I usually use the time after settling in for a stroll through the city. Sometimes I walk to sights that are closed but that I want to visit later, maybe take photos in evening light of the outside and of nice views in the city, and just so that I will be able to find it quickly when I want to go there, or to see if there is a nice eaterie nearby to combine it with... And just to get oriented in the city in general and get a feel for the vibe. On such random strolls I often come across unexpected things that are nice right there and then, or that I keep in mind for revisiting later.

In some countries museums stay open quite late, if that is the case in Prague you can make plans for that.

Or if you want a relaxed evening you could search out a local spa / bath house.

You can also leave it open and let your mood (and the weather?) decide.

Edited: 01 October 2015, 06:26
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
2. Re: Amsterdam to Prague

Take an early morning flight and have half a day of sightseeing. Evenings are good in Prague for walking around.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,789 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Amsterdam to Prague

Surely that depends on the time of your flight. I have travelled regularly to Prague for work and could probably make it door to door in about 4h30m.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Amsterdam to Prague

You can also take an afternoon train from Amsterdam Centraal to Cologne from €19 booked at www.bahn.de/en and have dinner in Cologne, perhaps at the Brauhaus Sion, 10 min walk from the station. Various departures through the day.

Then take the excellent City Night Line sleeper train from Cologne (depart 22:28) to Prague Hlavni (arrive 09:25) from €60 with couchette or from €105 with a bed in a cosy 2-bed sleeper, breakfast included, shower at the end of the corridor. Also booked at www.bahn.de/en - look for the CNL train with 0 changes.

Saves a hotel bill, you get to see Cologne, it's a unique and traditional European experience, it's fun, it's centre to centre with no airport hassle. Much better option than a same-old same-old flight, and in practice doesn't even take any more time out of your schedule as it's overnight.

5. Re: Amsterdam to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2016, 09:47