We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam hotel city tax?

Maltby, null...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam hotel city tax?

im wanting to book a mini cruise to Amsterdam, it includes a night in a hotel, it says there may be a city tax charge? I've seen on other forums its 5% of the hotel charge but I've only got a price of the full package, not individual prices, the bookings for the Novotel Amsterdam city hotel, how much am I looking at paying for 2 adults?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam hotel city tax?

There are two that can tell you for sure------those that sold you the package and the hotel itself.

The hotel indeed knows how much your room is being sold for. They deal with pre paids all the time.

It's 5.5 percent

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,848 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam hotel city tax?

And I would check out the location of the hotel. Not the best.

The city tax will probably only be around €5 or so so nothing to really worry about. Most hotels charge it in their rate anyway and it is per room not per person

3. Re: Amsterdam hotel city tax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2016, 10:47