We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OV-Chipkaarts

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Topic
OV-Chipkaarts

I have a personalised OV-Chipkaart. It's basically the same design as the card I had five years previously.

I collect transport snartcards (you don't need to tell me how sad that makes me sound!)

Are there various designs of Chipkaart? Do different companies issue different designs on their annonymous cards? Are there limited editions (here in the UK there are special editions for royal weddings and the like)?

I see there was an Hello Kitty card (www.chipbuddy.nl/images/news/HelloKittyOV.jpg). Is there a Nientje one?

Any help appreciated.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,484 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OV-Chipkaarts

Hey Brian.

My understanding is that each system issues it's own design. So there's a NS design and different ones for GVB and RET, for example.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OV-Chipkaarts

That is true indeed and NS has different designs for different cards (fixed routes for free, business cards, discount cards etc). So probably the bus companies have the same (I don't know I only use my NS Card).

And why would it sound sad you collect them :) each to his own and this could be an interesting collection :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: OV-Chipkaarts

What are the "business cards, discount cards" in this context? I'm guessing all I can get easily as a tourist is an anonymous card (as a non-resident without a Dutch bank account getting my personalised card wasn't straight-forward (that's the yellow one with my phot/details on one side and a cow in a field on the other - it doesn't seem to be branded by a service provider).

Thank you.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,052 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OV-Chipkaarts

I guess if you get your card from the GVB vending machine, or RET, or HTM etc. you get a different Anonymous chipcard. But not 100% certain, hope someone else has experience.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

5. Re: OV-Chipkaarts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2016, 09:48