We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About E-Ticket on Dutch train

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
About E-Ticket on Dutch train

I have a vacation to Amsterdam in this September. So i book train E-ticket in advance via SCNB and i printed out already. So the question is

1. Does the E-ticket need to valid at the station again? or just bypass the gate and prepare my ID document + E-ticket to declare on board. I buy online E-ticket from Schiphol to AMS central in advance to avoid crowed people and i have no Euro coins too, Is this ticket valid for every train (except Thalys) to AMS central? platform 3?

2. Known that Dutch train station will set door barrier on every train station that will open with scaning barcode on E-ticket, Schiphol airport have this barrier door when going to the platform ?

3.I hav only 2 day in AMS before go to Antwerp.First day plan to get around AMS old town and half of second day plan to visit Zaanse Schans. So have free half day , Would u mind to recommend me where to visit in AMS?.

Thanks for your kind :)

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Amsterdam Airport...
Schiphol, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Zaanse Schans
Zaanse Schans
6,300 Reviews
Zaandam, The Netherlands
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,640 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About E-Ticket on Dutch train

Hi there,

Wow, they still seem to work; others reported problems with the shop at B-Europe/SNCB.

1. Yes valid for all normal trains. Platform 1,2 or 3 is where they'll leave from. Schiphol has no turnstiles hence no further validating, and Central has open turnstiles hence again no need to use the ticket for opening.

2. Many stations have but Schiphol not, hence no problem.

3. No idea as it really depends on what you want to see. Maybe one of Amsterdam museums?

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: About E-Ticket on Dutch train

3. If you like museums I recommend Rijksmuseum.

If you enjoy wandering around beautiful streets and bumping into nice cafes and shops, walk around the Jordaan area and canal belt (if you didn't already do that on day one).

And/or try to get a ticket to climb Westertoren, the church tower of Westerkerk, it gives great views, and on the way up you will hear some historical facts. You can only buy a ticket on the day itself, at their little desk down in the church tower. You may need to buy for a later timeslot and come back, or they may be sold out.

Mentioned in this post
Rijksmuseum
Rijksmuseum
38,426 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Jordaan
The Jordaan
10,059 Reviews
Westertoren
Westertoren
54 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: About E-Ticket on Dutch train

Thx for yr kind for giving information:) . Rijksmuseum and Westertoren sound very interesting :).

Mentioned in this post
Rijksmuseum
Rijksmuseum
38,426 Reviews
Westertoren
Westertoren
54 Reviews
4. Re: About E-Ticket on Dutch train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2016, 10:47