We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Maastricht to Paris

So. California
4 posts
1 review
Train from Maastricht to Paris

What trains do I need to book to get from Maastricht to Paris? I see there's NS HiSpeed to Brussels then Thalys to Paris, is this my only choice? (the connection times don't work out too well). Is there any one site that can just book me for the whole trip so I don't have to coordinate both trains? I had thought NS HiSpeed could do the entire booking but when I try it says it can't :(

I checked Eurostar which only goes Brussels to Paris but it was more expensive.

There are 3 of us and the trip is for October so I want to get it booked now! Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,850 posts
231 reviews
1. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

Hi there,

Just for the use of the other readers, as I replied already by PM:

Maastricht to Brussels is a standard express train, no need to prebook. Brussels to Paris is Thalys or TGV and requires prebooking. The Maastricht-Brussels is hourly so no really long wait at Brussels-Midi I'd expect...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,834 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

The Eurostar does not operate Brussels to Paris. You can also take the train from Maastricht to Liege and then pick up the Thalys there (that one comes from Cologne). I tried to book this on NS Hispeed without any problem so I don't know why you can't. Seats are available for €30. You can also book on the Thalys site from Liege to Paris for €25 and then just pay for the ticket Maastricht to Liege (€4.80) at the station on the day.

http://www.thalys.com/fr/en/?time=1279694489

Of course you can also just book from Brussels to Paris as Erik said then pay for the IC train from Maastrich but that costs €17,60 on top of the minimum €25 price for the Thalys from Brussels.

Any questions tthen get back to us.

So. California
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

Thanks to both for the info. Ronaldo, when you say pay only 4.80 euros from Maastricht to Liege (is that Liege Gullemins?) instead of 17.60 for the IC, which train are you referring about? Does that train go to Brussels? I also saw 25 euros on Thalys from Brussels to Paris so I guess that's the same as Liege to Paris.

On NSHispeed are you entering from Maastricht to Paris? When I try this and pick a time then check availability it says "**Train type does not match choosen route or does not run on the choosen date or time ". What exactly are you entering that is coming up 30 euros?

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,850 posts
231 reviews
4. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

It's the Maastricht-LiegeGuilllemins-Brussels train indeed, you can of course also exit at Liege and there take a Thalys (which follows the same route unto Brussels). There are 3 types of trains Brussels-Paris: those solely doing that stretch, those coming from Amsterdam and those from Cologne.

I'll leave the ticket site stuff to Ron.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,834 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

I just tried it now and again it is allowing me to go to the booking page. I just selected a random date of the 22nd October, Maastricht to Paris Nord.

You are using www.nshispeed.nl right? The only thing I can think you are doing is that there is engineering works on the date you selected and the trains are not running. Exactly which date and time are you hoping to travel?

6. Re: Train from Maastricht to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 12:46