We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation/Train from and to Zurich

Hong Kong, China
9 posts
Transportation/Train from and to Zurich

Hi, this is my first time and I will stop over Zurich for 2 days so I need some tips on the transportation/train fares.

This is my schedule:

Day 1: arrive Zurich Airport -> Zurich city

Day 2: Day trip from Zurich -> Lucerne/Mount Pilatus -> back to Zurich

Day 3: leave Zurich by train -> stop over Milan -> Rome

Question: should I buy the train ticket separately or there is some kind of pass/package that is suitable for this plan? Thanks for your advice.

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation/Train from and to Zurich

As you are only there for a short time then it is not worth your while having a pass.

For your trip to Pilatus you can buy a railaway excursion from the ticket counter at Zurich.

sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/day-trips/ideas-f…

For your ticket to Milan check out www.rail.ch or www.trenitalia.com you may be able to buy an advance discounted ticket.

2. Re: Transportation/Train from and to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 10:50