We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

hi friends i will list the train journey of mine kindly advice which is the best train pass i should buy

my train journey's

day 1 zurich to rhine falls ( return)

days 2 nil ( might use local bus or tram for zurich tour and zurich river visit)

day 3 zurich to lucerne ( return) ( in luceren planning to take train to mt. titlis)

day 4 zurich to interlaken ( single trip ) then ( interlaken to lake thun & brienz (return))

day 5 interlaken to top of europe.

day 6 interalken to berne ( return)

day 7 intelaken to zurich

i was told mt.titlis & jungfraucogh doesnot covered in swiss pass or travel cards , so which train pass will suit me , and let me knw should i buy online or should i come and buy in the airport , or i can buy every trip at direct counters if so how about the "Q" in the counters .

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,067 Reviews
from US$ 163.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,085 Reviews
from US$ 250.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
386 Reviews
from US$ 250.70*
Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Praveen, I think many of the regular poster will tell you that you will have to do the maths use the Swiss Rail website to cost the journeys. www.sbb.ch/en and the price you see is for a half fare, therefore double it to find the full price cost. For Titlis you will get a reduction, I'm not certain if it is a 25 per cent reduction or a 50 percent reduction, depending on the pass you buy. The same goes for Jungfraujoch. The Jungfraubahn website www.jungfraubahnen.ch will tell you. The passes you can buy on arrival, queues will not be long most of the time.

Mentioned in this post
Titlis
Titlis
102 Reviews
Engelberg, Switzerland
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

thx buddy got it , www.jungfraubahnen.ch is very useful,

Muscat, Oman
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Dear All,

I am traveling with a family and children. what would be the best train passes for the following itineraries?

Arriving via Zurich air port and going to Geneva by train (should i buy one way train ticket to Geneva?

after spending 4 nights in Geneva, i will be traveling to Interlaken (3 nights) and then Luceren (4 nights)

what would be the best ticket arrangement or train pass that i should purchase for all of us.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Interlaken
Interlaken
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
559 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Passes are very personal and depends what your travel plans are while staying in each of the places mentioned. Work out what travel you intend to do for the whole holiday, visit the mentioned websites and www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk/ then work out what suits you.

Muscat, Oman
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Many thanks for the info.

Can i use Swiss Pass (15 days) to travel from the Zurich airport to Geneva? and then use it for the rest of my stay?

Mentioned in this post
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Geneva
Geneva
Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Hi Abdul K,

Yes,you can - since that is the purpose of the Pass. Do note that the 15-day validity starts from this first usage. Get the Pass validated at the ticket counter before boarding the train.

Have fun.

arvind

Muscat, Oman
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

somebody can advise on the best option to purchase swiss pass. Is it advisable to purchase the pass before arrival (i.e. online) or in the airport would be ok. How long it takes to purchase tickets in Zurich airport? do i need to boo the train a head of time or just purchase the ticket and step in?

Mentioned in this post
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Muscat, Oman
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

how long it takes form zurich to Geneva by train?

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Abdul K Just buy the pass on arrival, you do not need to book any tickets in advance, except for trains such as the Glacier Express and some tickets on other special trains. See the SWiss Rail timetable www.sbb.ch/en for times and frequency of trains

Muscat, Oman
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Train pass would be good for my itineraries n swiss?

Is there any difference in cost whether i buy online or from the airport counter?