We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

Hi,

Can anyone please advise if my calculation of the fare zone from Zurich airport to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall is 8 zones? It seems that the best value is to buy the all zone day pass for CHF33.20. Is there any other better value passes?

Thanks!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

Yes, I think you have calculated it right with the 8 zones. I would imagine the day pass is the best option.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

We were planning on buying the 9 o'clock pass, which is only 25 Euro. Apparently we can use it anywhere in Zurich and out to the falls, so long as it is after 9.00am.

On weekends you can use it all day.

This is the website:

zvv.ch/en/…

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

Wise decision, but be aware that a ZVV (Zurich's city and suburban public transport system) ticket is only valid within its zones: zvv.ch/opencms/export/sites/default/common-i… , zvv.ch/en/…fare-zone-plan.html

In other words: the stop "Schloss Laufen, am Rheinfall" is the last stop in the direction to Neuhausen/Schaffhausen being covered by a ZVV ticket! So you cannot use it for the very short travel from Schloss Laufen to Neuhausen or Schaffhausen or vice versa! ... But you can walk of course.

BTW: only S33 stops in "Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall", so be careful which train you choose!

The reason for this is that ZVV covers more or less everything within the borders of the canton of Zurich. And Neuhausen and Schaffhausen are part of the canton of Schaffhausen!

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

... and by the way, the 9 O'Clock Day Pass costs CHF 25 (not Euros) ... or CHF 12.50 if you own a valid half-fare card.

zvv.ch/en/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

Thanks for the tip re the stop Maja! Of course you are right that it is francs not Euros. On our upcoming trip we have three different currencies - it get's very confusing lol.

Deb

6. Re: Fare zone from Zurich airport to Rhine fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 10:47