We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 1/2 Day

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
323 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Only 1/2 Day

Hello everyone,

If you get just a 1/2 day to check Lausanne ... what you think the 2 or 3 that just can't be missed ?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 1/2 Day

For me, one of the best 1/2days I have spent in Lausanne was out on the lake:

http://www.cgn.ch/eng

Starting in Ouchy, I went from Ouchy to Yvoire, a medieval town with lots of charm and some nice little shops and food vendors. Then I got back on the boat and went to Chateau de Chillon (although I didn't go in due to time constraints) and walked around a bit. Then I got back on the boat back to Ouchy. You can get on/off the boats and make your own itinerary---if it looks interesting, get off and look around. Don't like it, get back on the boat and go to another place on the lake.

I should mention that I had significantly reduced fares because I was going to be in the area and bought a regional pass card. You may not have that option if you are going to be in for such a short time, so it could be expensive otherwise.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
323 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 1/2 Day

Thx for your help :)

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
323 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 1/2 Day

In Lausanne we'll try to check the Cathedrale de Lausanne, Place St-Francois (city Center) and the Sauvabelin Tower

Probably we'll skip the Jardin Botanique Lausanne

Thx eveyone

4. Re: Only 1/2 Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:45
Get answers to your questions about Lausanne