We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
27 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

on September 13, 2018-I plan to take the train from Zermatt to ZRH to catch a 530pm flight. If I arrive ZRH Zurich on the 316pm train, would that give em enough time if there were delays? Thanks in advance for your help

4 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

If you arrive at ZRH at 15:16 that does give enough time to catch a 17:30 flight. And if that flight is delayed you will even have more time....

paris london
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

*If* you arrive at 3.16 you'll be fine, but if you miss your connection at Visp (quite possible, as the Zermatt trains often have minor delays) you're then in trouble. I would aim to be there 3 hours beforehand to be safe.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,059 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

I agree with Nomarmite - not that the trains on the MGB line Zermatt/Visp often have delays - they don't. No more than any other train line. BUT rail work or a problem in the Lötschberg tunnel could slow things down. Unusual but possible - for example this morning there is no rail service between Visp and Brig. Very unsual but can happen and "sod's law" would have it that it will happen to you because you have to catch a flight.

Take a train from Zermatt 30-60 mins earlier. And then you will have time, if all goes perfectly, to shop at the ZRH airport!

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
27 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018

Thank you for the good trip advice! I will take the earlier train and arrive at the airport at 2:16. Best regards

Reply to: Train Zermatt to ZRH -efficent to catch a flight? 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted