We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

jungfrau or titlis
5 posts
Save Topic
which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

Hi Can any one advice me which one is better place Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch (climate, snow), and any other places where i can have views of mountains with snow, as i have planned to go by end of october, thanks for the reply.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

You can't compare the two as they are both uniquely different. As you are posting this in the Interlaken forum the Jungfraujoch is more convienient. Other accessible peaks in the are the Schilthorn, Schynigge Platte, Brienzer Rothorn, Niesen and Niederhorn.

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

If you are looking for snow the Jungfrau will guarantee that since it is always snow covered. The Schilthorn as mentioned above is also a favorite for great views in the area.

Columbus OH
Level Contributor
30 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

It really depends on where you start from. If you are in the Interlaken area, then the Jungfraujoch is closest. It is expensive and all day. If you are in the Lucerne area, Mt Titlis is lovely too. Take the train to Engelberg and the cable cars (the final one is rotating) to the top. It isn't as high but can be done in half a day if time is short. You will see and walk in snow on Mt Titlis.

Macau
Level Contributor
295 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

Try the website of Interlaken Tourism Bureau. They offer packages (accommodation plus trip to Jungfrau). The trip itself already costs over SF 170.-. I booked my hotel for two nights in Interlaken in late August.

5. Re: which is better Mt.Titlis or Jungfraujoch in switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 17:48