We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sledging on Jungfraujoch

North Yorkshire...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sledging on Jungfraujoch

Hi, I am visiting the area in early April 2018 and of course plan on visiting Jungfraujoch. Can you do the sledging in April, I read somewhere it may not be available then as it’s low season. I’m praying it is! If it’s not available does anyone have any suggestions of where we may be able to see and sled in some snow in April? We will be in Switzerland from the 1-8 April.

4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sledging on Jungfraujoch

So what do you mean by sledging? It’s never out of season for sledging on jungfraujoch but it’s not really sledging, more like sliding a short way on an overlarge plate. There’s really long sledging opportunities on the mountains below, but as you say it may be limited by season, but probably there’s still going to be plenty available. Perhaps from Kleine Scheidegg to either Wengen or brandegg, both really long runs.

For JFJ you just rent the plate at the top. For the others visit a sports shop and ask. They will rent you a toboggan and tell you what is open. It’s a brilliant place to toboggan, have fun.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sledging on Jungfraujoch

Hi skitandoori,

That's such a precise answer.

I've been looking for something this. We're visiting europe in April 2018 with 2 kids ages 7 and 14. My younger one would absolutely live to toboggan and that's on her wish list.

Jungfrau is our preferred mountain and we're looking at staying in Wengen or Murren.

As for the timing part, we can eitger make it on--

28th march for 3 nights or

6th April for 3 nights or

2nd May for 3 nihhts

Would be great to know which would be best option.

Thanks,

Megha

P.S. my sincere apologies for hijacking your post.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sledging on Jungfraujoch

May is out of the winter season. March should be good.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sledging on Jungfraujoch

December to March for tobogganing. Lots of dedicated runs including Kleine Scheidegg to Brandegg. April is possible but it’s the very extreme end of the winter season and in most years snow will be very limited at this stage especially on lower areas.

Reply to: Sledging on Jungfraujoch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grindelwald