We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Hi there!Is there a bus from Luzern to Engelberg? If so, can anybody tell me the cost of such bus and whether Titlis is far from Engelberg Station?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

The only buses I have ever seen there are tour buses everyone else goes there by train I suppose. Walk 10-15 minutes to the Titlis station or take the free shuttle bus.

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Thanks for your reply.Do we get the free shuttle bus at Engelberg train station after leaving the train?

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Please use www.sbb.ch/en for information on public tranport timetables, duration and fares. This includes trains, buses etc. The best way from Luzern to Engelberg is by train.

Also visit www.titlis.ch/en for information on Mt. Titlis.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

You don't need a shuttle bus in Engelberg. It's a short walk from the train station to the Titlis cable cars.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,522 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Hi Luqa85

There may be tour busses from Lucerne to Engelberg but the bus compagnies I know do not offer. You will need to ask at your hotel. It is for sure preferable to go there by train. The short walk to the Titlis station is flat and easy walkable.

pore

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Hi Pore.

I checked and apparently there are coach services but these are much more expensive than trains. So I guess train is the best and most convenient option. thanks so much for your help!

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Good to know mube. Thanks so much for your advice. Can you tell me whether food and drinks are expensive atop Mt. titlis? Do you recommend getting my own packed lunch?

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Hi vs_hi. Thanks for your advice. I entered the website and contacted the Titlis personnel and they have sent me the full programme with information such as prices, things to do etc.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

Hi,

We will be in Lucerne on the 04.10.11. Are the cable cars all year available to mt Titlis.

Thank you

Tekkie

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Luzern to Engelberg(Titlis Trip)

They will certainly be open in early October as autumn is a popular season for walkers.

Get answers to your questions about Engelberg