We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Lyon to Geneva?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Lyon to Geneva?

I will be in Lyon for a few days and wondered if taking a day trip to Geneva is a reasonable way to spend a day. I believe it is a 2 hour train ride each way and I would be willing to take an early morning train to get started with my day . Is the train station in Geneva close to any of the major sites? What would you recommend trying to see in only a 8-9 hours?

Chamonix and Mont Blanc
653 reviews
from US$ 109.00*
Independent Chamonix and Mont Blanc...
136 reviews
from US$ 74.90*
Geneva City Tour
172 reviews
from US$ 52.90*
Annecy Half-Day Tour from Geneva
53 reviews
from US$ 63.90*
France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Lyon to Geneva?

The train station is right in the city centre so it's very simple and, of course I would say, worthwhile to spend a day visiting.

The following link is to Hambagahle's walking tour of tthe town and could have been tailor made for you tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188057-c127289/Genev…

Also if it's sunny then take a boat ride, maybe to Yvoire which is a very pretty little village just outside Geneva on the French side. If it's dull there are loads of museums, see the tourist office website for ones that may interest you.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Lyon to Geneva?

Thanks for the link for the walking tour! I am definitely going to plan to spend at least a few hours in the beautiful city of Geneva.

3. Re: Day trip from Lyon to Geneva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 20:48