We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to visit in Switzerland

Pune, Maharashtra...
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to visit in Switzerland

I'm planning a 2 day trip to Switzerland after attending the Oktoberfest in Germany ( around the 25th and 26th September ) . Need suggestions on which place I should visit

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,081 Reviews
from US$ 169.80*
Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,281 Reviews
from US$ 154.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,097 Reviews
from US$ 260.50*
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,028 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to visit in Switzerland

Hi there,

As you're coming from Germany a place on that side of the country, but still hardcore Swiss, seems best. Consider Lauterbrunnen or Wengen, both on mountain plateaus above Interlaken.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,727 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to visit in Switzerland

I would simply go to Luzern and make day trips from there. www.luzern.ch Luzern is an hour from Zürich so it is an easy choice if you are arriving at Zürich HB from Munich.

Possible: bern, lake cruise, Mts Rigi or Pilatus, Mt titlis. And no matter what, do not miss the Transport Museum in Luzern itself.

3. Re: Best place to visit in Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 09:45