We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

atlanta
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

Can someone tell me how to get to Rhine Falls from Zurich by train? Also is it worth seeing Rhine Falls? Thanks for the help.

Best Seller
Mount Titlis Full-Day Sightseeing...
1,081 Reviews
from US$ 169.80*
Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,281 Reviews
from US$ 154.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,097 Reviews
from US$ 260.50*
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,727 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

It is well worth it to go to the Rhine Falls. They are not Niagara, but nonetheless very lovely... and the small town of Schaffhausen nearby is beautiful, and you should visit it as well.

From Zurich you can go by train. Either go to Schloss Laufen (on one side of the falls) or Neuhausen onthe other. From Neuhausen you can take a bus to Schaffhausen-

Alll schedule info is available on www.sbb.ch/en

Allow a day if possible and you can visit both sides and Schaffhausen as well. Or if not, then a morning. I personally prefer the Neuhausen side, but others like Schloss Laufen...so just pick which makes sense from a time-table poitn of view. Journey time on the train from Zurich is about an hour...

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

Hi boa1977

I just want to add, that you can easily walk from one side to the other over a walking path on the railway bridge.

From Schloss Laufen you are very close to the fall and it is very impressive. By the way, there are great restaurants at Schloss Laufen and Schloss Wörth (on the other side).

The old town of Schaffhausen is not very large but I am sure you will enjoy it.

pore

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

You can travel to Schloss Laufen using the ZVV S-Bahn trains.

http://www.zvv.ch/en/

To: Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall

The best deal is to buy a 9 o'clock Day Pass which is valid after 09:00 for travel on the entire network. A 2nd class pass costs 23 CHF.

zvv.ch/en/…

4. Re: Rhine Falls from Zurich by Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 10:48