We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

A friend and I are travelling to Perugia on 31st August, returning 8th September via Rome Fiumicino.

I understand that Sulga Bus operate a service from Tourist bus parking, Terminal C at Fiumicino to Perugia and I have seen their schedules. We have to catch the last bus of the day at 17.00 and are told that we cannot book tickets. We are concerned that we may turn up and find the bus full, meaning we are stuck in Rome overnight with nowhere to stay. Has anyone used this bus recently and do you know a) How busy it gets and b) if they put on an extra bus if the first one is full?

Also, where can I get a good map of the airport showing the location of the Tourist Bus parking?

Can someone please put our minds at rest.

Thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

I haven't taken that particular bus, but a) it starts at FCO, then picks up passengers at the Tiburtina bus station in Rome, so it's very, very unlikely that it would fill up at FCO, and b) most buses that I've taken in Italy have travelled half empty.

I can't help with the location of the tourist bus parking, but I'm sure there are people you can ask at Terminal 3 (the new designation of Terminal C).

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

I don't think you have anything to worry about either...but as a back up...you can always take the train to Perugia from FCO! You won't be stuck in Rome.

The Airport has information kiosks where you can get locations - but the signs are pretty good as to where you get buses and the train.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 00:40
Perugia Umbria
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

I confirm former posts. Tickets must be purchased on the bus and it is absolutely unlikely that the bus is full (I think it is never happened).

You can get on the bus at FCO terminal C and get off directli in Perugia Piazza Partigiani (city centre).

Edited: 07 April 2010, 18:24
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

There are maps of most air terminals on the internet. There is one with some helpful hints at this site: slowtrav.com/italy/planning/rome_airport.htm

Comments about buses are near the bottom of the page. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

That's right--you pay on the bus, so have your 21 euros (I think) ready. The bus will come maybe 5 minutes before the departure time. Just hang out where you see the other long-distance buses arriving and departing. It's a good way to get to Perugia, without hassling with changing trains, etc.

Somerset West
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

Hi - can anyone please help?

My husband and I want to travel from Rome Fiumicino to Perugia - preferably by train (as I think it may be faster). We arrive at the airport at midday (12 noon) and do not really want to go into Termini - too many changes and dragging luggage. Where do we get the train information?

Thank you

Charloom

South Africa

Somerset West
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

Please help. We need to get from Rome Fiumicino to Perugia by train at midday (12 noon) on a Thursday. Where do we find the information? We are willing to take a bus but I am concerned the trip might take too long. I am struggling to find up-to-date bus informaiton as the Sulga-site is under construction.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,924 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

You get train information from www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html and you will have to go via Termini, as trains from FCO do not go to other parts of Italy.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

Thanks to all who replied to my question. Sorry about lack of response - I posted it then forgot to check the replies!

I feel reassured.

Bigallyg

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
135 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Travel from Fiumicino Airport to Perugia

I have to pick up a rental car from Europcar at what they refer to as:

Perugia DT

VIA MARIO ANGELONI 95

I was wondering which would make more sense, to take the train or the bus from Rome given that I have to make my way over to the car rental location. My flight gets into Rome about 9AM so I'm assuming either way I should be Perugia before 1PM