We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

I went on the full day tour of the Chianti region this week, departing from Siena about 9 and returning after 5. There were 8 of us in the van and we all agreed it was a fabulous day.

We saw and learned so much about the region, its history and culture and certainly now know heaps more about chianti and olive oil from visits to 2 smaller vineyards.

Roberto was a very entertaining and knowlegeable guide with a great passion for his work and his region.

As a solo traveller, hiring a car and grappling with unfamiliar winding roads, a map and gps and trying to take in all the sights - even if I knew where these off-the beaten-track ones were - made taking a tour such as this a very attractive alternative which I am so glad I took up.

I also posted this in the Asciano forum where most of his reviews are but am repeating here as I don't know how many people would read under Asciano.

seattle, WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

Prahran- That's great to hear. We've booked him to tour Etruscan sites one day out of Siena in June. Might end up adding a chiati day as well!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

On my chianti tour there was a family who had done the etruscan tour with him the day before and they said it was fabulous. You are sure to enjoy.

Humboldt, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

Can you provide the website address for Tours by Roberto? Do the tours begin in Siena? Thank you.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

Yes, they start in Siena - he collects you from your hotel and drops back there.

Website is:

https://sites.google.com/site/toursbyroberto/

I phoned him on his cell/mobile.

Enjoy the trip.

Humboldt, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

Thanks....will check into it. So much to decide!

6. Re: Day tour of Chianti Region with Roberto of Tours by Roberto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:10
Get answers to your questions about Siena