We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

dunedin, florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

I am debating Florence card vs. booking specific times at Uffizzi and the David. We may see other museums, so I can justify the cost. I am just curious whether you wait in line longer than if I book a specific time. Thanks, Joan

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k44352…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

the Firenze Card is much better than making a reservation at letting you have immediate access -- there is a separate door for Firenze Card and Amici card holders and no reservation is required at the Uffizi. At the Academia we just went to the guard standing between the long reservation line and the very long line of those who hadn't reserved and were immediately ushered in, again with no reservation.

dunedin, florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Thank you so much. Very helpful. I think I will get the Florence card. I just didn't want to get stuck in a long line. So I can show up when it is convenient for us and not make a reservation, correct?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Yes.

dunedin, florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Great, Thank you soo much. Looking forward to a wonderful time.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Don't think that will be a problem (Mind you, I am a bit biased :)

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Do please know that lately chaos has ensued at the Uffizi, which has thrown all reason to the realm of tilt/chaos/polemica (three words we love when talking about Italy) ... and though you shouldn't have to wait, even with the Firenze Card, we have heard stories about people having to do just that: wait.

At the very least, if you don't have immediate entrance, you'll surely be waiting in line for less time than everyone else. Which is saying something.

dunedin, florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

Thank you everyone for the great advice.

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

You're so welcome, Joan! Please let the Forum know how it all pans out.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
894 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florence Card really let you skip lines at Uffizzi/David?

From my trip report:

"We arrived at the Accademia just before 5:00 pm and found our way to the entrance. That was easy to do; it was the door with the long line of people stretching behind metal barricades in both directions. There were three ways to get into the Accademia; wait in line to buy a ticket, buy a timed ticket and show up at the appointed hour, or buy a Firenze Card. The lines to either side of the door were the folks with tickets; [with the Firenze Card] we just walked up to the door and they let us in. We felt like celebrities arriving at Studio 54 in 1977 and having the velvet rope opened to let us in.