We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum tickets in Florence

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Museum tickets in Florence

Because so many people ask questions about this, I have asked admin to make the subject a 'Sticky'

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187893-c145508/Tusca…

481 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

You are being charged 6,50€ base charge + 4, 50€ for special exhibition + 4.00€ for pre-booking = 15€.

It is mentioned in the article that there is nearly always a special exhibit, which you cannot opt out of.

Sorry, but that is the price, there is no way round it.

The only alternative is to book by 'phone, in which case you pay nothing in advance. You get a booking number and go to the reservations desk to collect tickets. If there is not a long queue for unreserved tickets, don't bother to redeem your reservation, just get an ordinary ticket = 11€ pp.

Unless you go at opening time or late in the day (Uffizi closes at 18.50), there is always likely to be a substantial queue, even more so at the Accademia

New Zealand
Level Contributor
33 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

I am having the same problem as Denise, I am going to try and ring tonight instead ...

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Which is the best and safest website to book advance tickets for the Uffizi?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Hi guys - this might sound like a silly question but I wanted to be doubly sure before I purchased tickets. Does the 6.50 euro (plus 4 euro pre-booking fee) include entrance to both the Uffizi and Accademia Gallery?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

The only site you should use is the official site. This is explained in the article. have you read it?

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffi...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Hi Pericoloso,

Sorry - I have read the article but I'm still unclear if I need to purchase one ticket for each of the museums or if the one ticket will get me into both the Uffizi and the Accademia Gallery,

Cheers, Vanessa

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Hey, Vanessa, I wasn't answering you! Sadly, you need a ticket for each of the museums. Both are 6,50€ + 4,50€ + 4,00€ booking.

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Thank you Destination Expert for the very helpful answer about tickets for the Uffizi Museum. I have now found the article and read it.

One further question - what is access like for wheelchair users?

Winesocsec.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

From all reports, people have been very happy with disabled access. There are lifts available and staff are very helpful.

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Museum tickets in Florence

Once again, thank you very much.

Reply to: Museum tickets in Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted