We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to hotel

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to hotel

My husband and I are taking trenitalia from Rome to Florence and we are staying at the Hotel Meridiana in Florence (Viale Don Minzoni, 25). What is the best way to get there? Bus? Train? Taxi? Please advise!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to hotel

Taxi - at the curb - there's a disciplined taxi line at the left hand exit of the station, immediately to the right. Viale Don Minzoni is really not central. The ride will probably be around 10/15 euros.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to hotel

Viale Don Minzoni is a wide, busy, nasty thoroughfare about one and a quarter miles from the railroad station.

Take a taxi.

You didn't ask this question, but I would recommend you think about staying somewhere else.

There are hundreds of reasonably priced hotels in much better locations in Florence.

Florence is a tiny city designed for walking. The Meridiana is just too far a way to make that convenient, and it's in an unpleasant commercial neighborhood with nothing of any interest.

3. Re: transportation to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 13:47