We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
67 reviews
Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

We are 4 couple, will be visiting Florence after a 2 nights stay at Rome.

As we are reaching by train, I think it will be better to take Hotel or B&B or apartment near to the Train Station. Also we will go to go Luzern (by Train or bus?) after a night stay at Florence.

Can someone please suggest us a hotel near to Train Station with a budget around Euro 85-100, all inclusive.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,508 Reviews
from US$ 104.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,450 Reviews
from US$ 104.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
11 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Have a look at www.booking.com, then put in your travel dates. Use the map function of the website to locate a lodging near the train station which fits your expectations.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Here is an example of what might be available in that area at the lower end of the price range mentioned. Check reviews on any property before booking.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g18…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Friends have recommended Hotel Mario’s on via Faenza near the train station. http://mobile.hotelmarios.com/

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Thanks for your replies.

I have found this, HOME IN FLORENCE - MASAI APARTMENT, looks very decent and near to Santa Maria Novella station. But I am not getting its e mail or website. Can someone help?

I hope the trains to Switzerland ( Lucerne or Wengen) will go from Santa Maria Novella station? Or any other train station? Need I book in advance?

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
155 reviews
5. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

I know nothhing about this apartment but I thought you wanted something near the trainstation? While Florence is compact and walkable there must be plenty of hotels closer to the trainstation.

Same advice as some others have given. Look at booking.com, fill in your requirements (I usually fill in the score of at least a 7 or an 8 for reviews) and then look at the hotels that are on the list. You can open the map and see where these hotels are in relation to the trainstation.

As for the train. I just went on the trenitalia site and looked up the train from Firenze (Italian for Florence) to Luzern for today and it gives you the options: https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/search.do… and there a lot of options from Santa Maria Novella, one at 8 in the morning with only one change and takes 5,5 to 6 hours.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

As Dutchfemale said, the apartment is not all that near the train station, it's in the Oltrarno, south of the Arno and nearer Porta Romana than the river.

Am I right that in thinking that you are only staying for one night?. If so, I don't think that you'll find many apartments for just one night. There's usually a minimum period of three nights - I think.

There are plenty of inexpensive hotels around the station.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

" Need I book in advance? "

The answer is YES if you want to save money. When is your travel date?

Examples:

For next week, Firenze to Luzern via Milan, about €67. Further travel date, about €57

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I am searching the same way as you have suggested on booking. com. I have mailed to a couple of hotels. I find that getting 4 rooms, is a difficult, specially in short time.

I was looking at maps, and I find Zermatt to be nearer. I am not sure if I should plan for Zermatt and hope there are trains to Zermatt too.

Out of 5 days in Switzerland, I was thinking 3 days in Lucerne and another 2 days at Wengen (or Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald) . This will be our fist visit, and will be doing the regular touristy things.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
155 reviews
9. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

From Florence to Zermatt look at this site https:/…fahrplan.xhtml

I have never been in Zermatt but we did overnight stays in Luzern and it is a lovely city.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
67 reviews
10. Re: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.

Just wanted to know, after 2 days of stay at Rome, I wanted to spend a day at Florence. before proceeding to Wengen (Switzerland). I find that trains from Florence will take about 6 hours with a change at Milan.

Will it more sense if I stay at Milan, instead of Florence?

I start from Rome in morning, reach Florence and deposit the luggage at Train station. I visit the Pisa and other Florence places. Then I take a evening train Florence to Milan and stay at Milan, near to the Train Station. Next day morning I can take a Train to Wengen.

Or how about skipping Florence and plan for Milan instead..

Thanks again for the replies & time given.

Reply to: Florence Budget Hotel ,near to Train station.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted