We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz Rental in Florence

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Hertz Rental in Florence

We will be traveling to Florence from Rome via train. Looks like there may be a few options for Hertz rental locations in Florence. Any recommendations for the closest and or best to pick up our car after we exit the train station?

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,427 Reviews
from US$ 105.90*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
799 Reviews
from US$ 105.90*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,414 Reviews
from US$ 105.90*
7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,522 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

It is best to pick up from the rental area at Via Palagio degli Spini, near the airport. No problems with traffic, prohibited areas, bus lanes .....

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

I'm joining in to this post as I just booked a one way Hertz rental from the location Via del Sansovino, 53, to be dropped off in Salerno. There was no drop-off fee so I figured it was a great deal.

We'll be arriving at the train station and I thought this looked like a main road out of the city, but close enough to the train station that we could either walk or grab a quick taxi there.

Is this Via del Sansovino location a good compromise between the train station (Via Borgo Ognissanti) Hertz location vs going out to the airport?

CA
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

If arriving at SM Novella, you might as well pick one up from Hertz on Borgo Ognissanti, three blocks away. They will tell you how to get out avoiding the ZTLs, just stay out of bus lanes.

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

once you pick up the vehicle you have two hours to leave..same when you return..two hors to return the vehicle once you come back in..as in #3..follow the route they give you..and do not drive in bus lanes

CA
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

Hertz on BO is not in the ZTL, and they can be avoided entirely driving out and returning.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

GPS will not show ZTL's or the bus lanes to avoid.

The driver can get their required Int'l Driving Permit at your local AAA ($20 or so), you don't have to be a member.

aci.it/laci/driving-in-italy/driving-in-ital…

The driver should be aware of Italian driving laws, signage, parking, etc.:

http://driventoit.blogspot.com.au/

It is highly recommended to not leave anything in a parked car.

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Hertz Rental in Florence

Very helpful responses, thank you!

Reply to: Hertz Rental in Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted