We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Rome to Florence airport car rental

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Rome to Florence airport car rental

At the end of the month my boyfriend and I will be traveling from Rome to Florence. We want to go straight from Rome to the Florence airport to pick up our rental car there. WHat's the best way to do this? I was thinking of taking the train between Rome Termini and SMN Florence, then taking an airport shuttle, bus or taxi from there to the airport car rental spot.

What do you think makes the most sense (the least amount of time, affordable, not too complicated)?

Thanks!

Best Seller
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
7,330 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Full-Day Tour with Lunch...
780 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
Best Seller
Florence to Cinque Terre Hiking Day...
3,380 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
2 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Rome to Florence airport car rental

You've got it right.

Take the train from Rome to Firenze SMNovella. Take a taxi from the railroad station to the car rental facility near the Florence airport. The fixed price for the taxi is 22 euros plus a euro for each piece of luggage the driver touches, plus small surcharges if the ride is on a Sunday or other holiday or at night. You could save a few euros if you take the bus from the station to the airport -- and then hop the shuttle bus from the airport to the rental car place, but that could easily add an hour to the process.

CA
Level Contributor
10,944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Rome to Florence airport car rental

The facility is at Via Palagio degli Spini--taxi there per Mr V and not the actual airport.

Reply to: Getting from Rome to Florence airport car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted