We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time to FLR early morning

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
40 reviews
Travel time to FLR early morning

We need to be at the Florence airport (FLR) in the morning by 7:30 am for check-in. Our accommodations are on Via Fonderia (across the river from the city center). We will need a taxi. What would be the estimated travel time to the airport? We want to book a taxi with enough time, considering the traffic.

6 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,522 posts
478 reviews
1. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

I'd tell the taxi company that I need to be at the airport by 0710 and then leave it to them.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

Thanks for the info. We plan to use MyTaxi app. I don’t know how accurate their estimated travel time can be. I was thinking of requesting a taxi at 7:00 in order to get to FLR by 7:30. Since I’m using this app, should I use your suggested strategy?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

One side not: Just checked theMyTaxi app and there is no prebooking in Florence the day before. It taxi app does prebook the day before. Any knowledge of this app and if it is reliable?

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

You'll be going against the bulk of the traffic but, even so, what day of the week?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

Tuesday, August 7 (tomorrow)

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Travel time to FLR early morning

Plan on it taking a half hour. So I would ask the taxi to be at your place about two hours prior to take-off. Check-in and security at FLR can be time-consuming.

Reply to: Travel time to FLR early morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted