We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?

8 posts
Save Topic
Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?

Hi!

I have 3 days in Florence at the end of August and I had thought of using the FirenzeCard because the price of the museums I want to do add up to approximately the price of the FirenzeCard. Is the FirenzeCard skip the line a "real" skip the line of just a smaller line because of the crowd? Meaning do we get better access when reserving directly from the website of the Academia/Uffizi/etc?

Thanks

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,330 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
780 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,380 Reviews
from US$ 106.50*
3 replies to this topic
London, England
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?

Whether you use the Firenze card or book online you join a smaller line. The Firenze card does mean you can go whenever you want within the 72 hours though where as the online booking restricts you to the time you book.

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?

Basically, you save the time you would spend in the line to buy tickets -- if there is such a line.. Either way, if there is a line to get into the museum -- which means going through "security" -- you still have to do that no matter what.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 04:42
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?

Thank you both for your help! I know there is not always a line, but just in case. And you’re right, this gives me just a little more freedom I think...

Reply to: Priority access by Firezecard? or Book online?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted