We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo trip to Florence.

1 post
Solo trip to Florence.

I’m considering a solo trip to Florence for a few days later this month.

I’m doing my own research too but thought this would be a good place to start.

I don’t necessarily want to sight see the entire time. I’m happy to wander around the city, find a cafe/bar and watch the world go by. Any restaurants and/or bars for the evening would be greatly appreciated too.

I’d usually be happy just playing a lot of this by ear once I arrived but as it’s my first time travelling alone I thought it best to have some loose plan in place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
7,862 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Solo trip to Florence.

Sounds like a fun trip, many people enjoy solo trips like that. If your in need of a great 1 bedroom Airbnb in the heart of the city near the train station feel free to private message me. (legal rental plus it's a Super Host)

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
652 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Solo trip to Florence.

Florence is a destination that really benefits from doing your research. During high season, it’s useful to decide how much time you want to spend battling crowds. A few sights such as duomo, Uffizi and Academia will be jammed, along with some churches. If those are not must-dos for you, you can visit many beautiful sights that won’t be crowded, like Bargello, Orsanmichele and San Marco. A guidebook will tell you opening days, etc for planning purposes.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Solo trip to Florence.

Definitely do some research on what will be open at the end of the month. A lot of places close until the end of the month because of the national August 15th holiday. Over time it seems some places are starting to reopen a bit earlier now because so many visitors come to the city. I can suggest reading local blogs like Girl in Florence (She has tons of amazing advice) and I also found this article online that could help out. https:/…

Reply to: Solo trip to Florence.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted