We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must dos

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Must dos

What are the must dos in Florence if you only have 3 days? Just me and my husband. Want to balance history/art endeavors with fun/relaxation!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,237 Reviews
from US$ 104.20*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,346 Reviews
from US$ 104.20*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
761 Reviews
from US$ 104.20*
3 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must dos

There is no such thing, because people have differing interests.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must dos

Absolutely, and history / art is fun / relaxation for many people, myself included. However, if you mean something different to visiting galleries and churches, then perhaps climb a tower (the Palazzo Vecchio affords the best views). Walk up to San Miniato al Monte for the views of Florence. Take the bus up to Fiesole with it's country feel, great Florence city views and, yes, more history / art. Go shopping. Do one of the ever popular and increasing in number cooking courses. Spend a late afternoon wine tasting. Take a themed tour of some sort such as the Inferno thing.

Mentioned in this post
San Miniato
San Miniato
Province of Pisa, Italy
Florence
Florence
Fiesole
Fiesole
Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must dos

aohde:

Three days won't give you enough time to even begin to scratch the surface of all the great stuff there is to see and do in Florence.

You will have to make choices. Invest in a good guide book -- I recommend the Blue Guide -- and see what jumps off the page at you.

Then, if you so choose, come back with your ideas and bounce them off people here.

Do not be driven by other people's "must see" (or, worse, "do") lists.

Don't spend your valuable time on the Uffizi -- because other people do. It's for people who really have a passion for late-Medieval, early-Renaissance Florentine painting. If you don't have such a passion, don't go there. It's really an unpleasant place because of all the millions of people who stagger through it every year simply because somebody told them it's a "must see".

Edited: 03 August 2018, 18:00
Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Reply to: Must dos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted