We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firenze card

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Firenze card

We are trying to figure out what we need to get the Firenze card and hoping for some input. We see you can buy the card online and either print the voucher or download it onto the app, or buy the card once we get to Florence. What is the advantage to purchasing ahead of time? Is it a shorter line? And would it be better to use the app or the vouchers?

Also, do our 16 year old son and 10 year old son not need anything to get in to the sites then? It says as long as they are members of the same family you do not need to purchase one.

We are traveling there in 2 weeks and we are non EU.

Thank you!

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,504 Reviews
from US$ 103.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,450 Reviews
from US$ 103.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
1 reply
brisbane
Level Contributor
417 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Firenze card

I don't believe there is much advantage in buying in advance, although I have no experience with using the app. We picked our cards up from the Tourist Information Office across from Santa Maria Novella station.

With the kids, entry requirements do vary from place to place. Not every site has free access for under 18s.

When you are using the priority entrance like at the Uffizi or Accademia, you will need to purchase the reservation ticket for your sons, which allows them to use the priority entrance as well. They were E4 back in April.

Some places like the Galileo Museum have child entrance fees which you can just pay when you pick up your ticket.

Some places like the Palazzo Vecchio will give you free entrance tickets for the kids when you pick up your tickets (although I strongly advise looking at paying extra for a tour there - we really enjoyed ours). All of the individual websites will have information on fees for children. They will need some kind of ticket, as they keep track of numbers of people entered - just ask the attendant where to pick them up.

The other thing is if you want to access the Duomo attractions like the Museum, the Baptistery or the tower or bell climb, you will need to buy the combined ticket for the at E18 each for your 16 year old and the reduced ticket for your 10 year old. You need to go to their ticket office to get your Duomo Combined ticket anyway. If you would like to do the Dome climb, it is worth checking details on that as there are a few things to consider.

You don't say how long your visit is, but I do think you need to be there 4 days to really make the Firenze card be of good value.

Reply to: Firenze card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted