We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any venues (pubs, cafes, etc) in Florence that will be televising the AFL Grand Final this year? I think it will be televised around 7am on Sat 29th Sept?

Cheers & happy travels :)

Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,453 Reviews
from US$ 105.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport...
804 Reviews
from US$ 105.10*
Best Seller
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,429 Reviews
from US$ 105.10*
94 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Why not download the AFL app and watch it live on your phone - I think it is unlikely that any venue in Florence will have a live feed - the level of interest in AFL in Italy is very low (and not that many Australians travelling to make it change). Certainly when we were there 3 weeks ago we could not find any venues broadcasting games.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Thanks, was hoping not to have to watch it on my iphone 5! I thought I would just put the feelers out there & see what came up! Thank you for your feedback. Cheers. :)

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
166 reviews
3. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

It's on at around 6.00am local time in Florence - the likelihood of any bars being open let alone screening it is next to zero. You can stream it from your hotel or wherever you're staying - you'll find the wifi streaming far superior than any we have here.

If you were in Rome, the Scholars Lounge would certainly be showing it.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
4. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Fab, many thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

We'll be there too. I'm going to try and find some sports pubs. Fingers crossed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

We'll be there too. I'm going to try and find some sports pubs. Fingers crossed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

I just saw this on a 2014 thread answering the same thing re grand finals:

www.finneganpub.com/FindUs-Florence.htm will be open at 6:15am. 10 euro entry, which includes one beer or two soft drinks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

Woop Woop!! Thanks for this info!! We are meant to be traveling to Sori on Friday before Grand Final - was hoping to find somewhere there or in Genoa - but perhaps we will stay in Florence an extra night - mind you going by this weekend my team may not even be there! I watched a prelim one year at Wayne’s Bar in Nice- that was good fun - and the bar in our local village the same year televised the Grand Final for us - so funny hearing the Italian commentators.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

I received an email from Simon (celticsimon@hotmail.com) who runs Finnegan's pub in Florence, and he said there needs to be interest, see below. So email him and let him know you want to see it!

I cant say yes or no at the moment...Depends on my staff situation at the time and also how much interest in the game there is...

Drop me an email a week before and I'll have a better idea..

Regards,

Simon

Finnegan Irish Pub

Firenze

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,949 posts
476 reviews
10. Re: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?

It's got to be worth their while to open up and pay staff to work, so I'd think that there would need to be quite a few interested. Especially since not everyone who says they will go always make it!

Reply to: AFL Grand Final 2018 - Televised?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted