We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

olive oil tastings in cortona/tuscany

hillsdale, nj, usa
Level Contributor
137 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
olive oil tastings in cortona/tuscany

we will be in cortona the dec 6-8. will there be an olive oil tasting during that time?

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: olive oil tastings in cortona/tuscany

Dec 8th in Cortona is the Sagra della Ciaccia fritta - a particular bread made in cortona, in this case fried, and watch out cuz traditionally it also contains some meat (in case you're veg like i am).

Dec 5-8 there is a major conference on oil in Sarteano which is not far (www.tempodellolio.com); I cannot really tell if there will be tasting but i assume if you showed up there'd be lots of oil around.

You are likely to find new oil (the very green kind) pretty much everywhere at that time, and in cortona it's excellent. You may also be just in time for the new wine harvest.

the christmas presepe will be set up just about everywhere starting in those days so look out for creative reevocations of nativity scenes in every church.

enjoy! AMK

2. Re: olive oil tastings in cortona/tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 10:53