We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Hi there, we are planning to get married next July 08 and just trying to email a few places but still no response. Would appreciate if anyone can offer us advise on how much a cost of a wedding in Tuscany would be.

From reading websites, ive' got estiamtes as below:

paperwork - Euro 150,

wedding hall hire Euro 260-500,

church- (?)

wedding planner (??)

Reception for 60 ppl max (?)

Your help would be most appreciated.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

We're getting married in Italy in two weeks. We did not use a wedding planner, but the best quote I got was for 1000 EU (and that did not include help with paperwork).

We're having a symbolic wedding at our villa, but I think that the average rental cost for a reception location is between 1000-2500 EU.

Our catering is ~60 EU per person. I had quotes ranging from 60-150 EU per person. This is for a seated dinner and the price includes alcohol.

We didn't use a church or a wedding hall, because we chose to have a symbolic wedding.

As you can probably tell from the above email, we did try to do this on a budget.

I think the best bet for a reception is to have your guests stay in a hotel or a villa that will allow you to have a reception there (usually at a discount) or to choose to rent a restaurant in the afternoon. Once you say where you're planning on getting married, someone on this board will be able to tell you good reception locations.

I have some information on various vendors (tour guide, bus rental, photographer, caterer, music, and flowers) in the Siena area if you are interested.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Hi there Dallas Bride

grateful for your email! Helpful indeed.

Did you find it difficult to plan it all without a planner? from what I've read, the language difficulties etc would make it quite hard if planning from abroad. I'm sure it's all in the marketing and hence why the wedding planners can charge alot.

Good idea about having reception at the place of stay as that makes it alot easier than having to find more locations.

Thanks for the tips.. good luck in Italy and curious to know how it all pans out when you get back..please drop a line.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,273 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Hi OJ07 and DallasBride. I can't help you I'm afraid, but hope you won't mind me asking a question. How did you work this all out with your guests, did you discuss it with them to find out how they would feel about making such a trip or have you paid their travel expenses> I ask because I have a friend who is thinking about getting married in Tuscany, but she is really worried about the financial burden on her friends and whether they will secretly be resenting her rather than enjoying themselves. How did you deal with all this?

Thanks

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Actually I'm surprised you can do it from the states without a wedding planner, I am Italian and it was such a pain to arrange everything that I could not imagine doing it in another country and without speaking the language....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Hi peggypatch,

My fiance and I are aussies but have been working/living in Canad for sometime. We are weighing up the options of 2 of us flying over to Oz to marry in my home city vs guests flying to somewhere central so hence why we thought of Europe as we have lots of people in Europe, UK and Oz and it's more central and more cost effective for them. We've estimated the numbers to be half the size if wedding to take place in Europe and cost wise it may be just the same.

We're taking into account some of our dear friends vacation plans when setting a date but we can't suit everyone and we can't keep putting our plans to marry to suit everyone's time frame either.

Also If we choose to marry in Europe, we won't request for any gifts/gift registry because that's just too much.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,273 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

Thanks for the reply. I guess it does really make sense for you. I'll mention the forgetting presents idea, that may well ease her conscience a bit! Hope you have a great wedding!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

To cut costs for our guests, we offered to pay for their stay at the wedding location. We only have about 25 guests, so we were able to pay for a weekly stay.

As far as doing it without a planner, I've had to be pretty flexible. But, I haven't found the language barrier to be too bad. Everyone I dealt with spoke English or had someone in customer service who did. I have spent a lot of time working on the planning, but I'm pretty good at that, anyway (I think it may be a birth order thing:)) It may be worth it to some people to pay for a planner so that they don't have to spend as much time and effort. We just chose to spend our money differently.

London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

hi we got married in may 07 in Lucca and had 70 guests. We used an amazing wedding planner called Gina Rodriguez (gina@mytuscanwedding.com). She was well worth the money and absolutely fantastic in every way, saving on stress, time and ensuring the whole day went smoothly. She sorted out paperwork, translations, venues and everything else and all our guests commented on how great and efficient she was on the day, even acting as the official translator. She is still in contact with us, sorting out photo reprints etc and nothing is too much trouble for her. The townhall at lucca was about 500E and the paperwork a few hundred. the reception was 70E per head, but we had amazing food at a restaurant called villa bongi. For 60 people I would strongly advise you to call Gina as it will be too stressful to do it alone - and she is brill!

gaynor

9. Re: Cost for wedding planners/cost in Tuscany region?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:51