We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany itinerary suggestions

jeannefit
7 posts
Tuscany itinerary suggestions

My family will be visiting Florence/Tuscany at the end of November. My daughter is doing a semester at a university in Florence and we will be visiting over our Thanksgiving break. We are planning a ten day visit. We want to stay in Florence Monday - Thursday as she will be in school but on the two three day weekends we would like to drive and stay over in some other neighborhoods. I know for sure that we want to stay in Siena but need some help with the itinerary.

So far my idea is:

Thursday November 22nd -arrive in Florence, stay over night in Florence.

Friday - drive and stay in ?

Saturday drive and stay in ?

Sunday - Wednesday- Stay in Florence

Thursday - Stay in Siena

Friday - Siena

Saturday - Florence

Sunday - return home.

We like to hike and walk around cities and of course eat! My daughters are 18 and 20 so I guess we could do a wine tour but not sure there would be much to see in November.

Also is a train to Siena a better idea ? We could return the car early.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
11,354 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Tuscany itinerary suggestions

You don't indicate from where you are flying, because it would be expedient to grab a car as soon as you arrive at FLR, taking the shuttle a short distance away to Via Palagio degli Spini, where all the rental agencies are located. If staying in Florence overnight [a total of 3 times on this trip] to avoid any ZTL issues you would be taking a taxi there in the AM, thereby having only one full day in whatever town you have selected. Florence to Siena you take the bus which goes to the center of town.

You may also decide because of possible weather issues to just stay in Florence and do day trips by train. E.g. Bologna 30 minutes, Pisa an hour, Lucca and Parma 1:40.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 07:53
jeannefit
7 posts
2. Re: Tuscany itinerary suggestions

Thank you for your suggestions. I do think the first weekend we will take bus or train to Siena. Then we will rent a car the second weekend. My husband has this idea that he wants to drive the countryside of Tuscany. Not sure if it is a wise or as beautiful as he imagines - as it will be late November!

Thanks again,

Jeanne

Reply to: Tuscany itinerary suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted