We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

I have made a preliminary booking through Rentalcar for a car from Noleggiare. The price is a ceptable but the deposit amount seems too high to me-1298 euro.

Is it a normal deposit?

May I consider Noleggiare a company to be trusted?

Mount Etna Day Trip from Taormina
118 Reviews
from US$ 38.00*
Free Cancellation
Etna and Taormina Full-Day Tour from...
91 Reviews
from US$ 104.60*
Free Cancellation
Small Group Tour: Etna wine and...
46 Reviews
from US$ 116.50*
Free Cancellation
41 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,528 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

"Noleggiare" just means "Rental".

United States
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Stick with the major agencies, Avis, Hertz, Europcar and avoid any under the AutoEuropa/ Sicily by Car umbrella.

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,11,233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Noleggiare is a supplier, but as TAB suggested, hire from a reliable and internationally known supplier.

Vagabonda

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

I would highly recommend to use a different car rental company - as it ended up costing me my full deposit (which is indeed high) due to an abusive penalty. Car was initially given indicating no damage, which we challenged and asked for all 7 damages to be indicated. Upon return, car was scrutinized for nearly 20 min and a damage on the rubber tyre was identified (frankly a joke as no-one ever checks the tyres at that level of details) - costing me my deposit. It is now being challenged by my lawyer. As I say, to be avoided as I felt like dealing with an organized fraud organization.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,11,233 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Thank you for your report FroggyCritics.

Did you pay via credit card, and if so, could your credit card company also investigate the fraudulent charge?

Interesting about the tyre damage as that coverage isn't typical insurance coverage, and requires a super coverage insurance.

https:/…78066621

Good luck!

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

I don't recommend this company to anyone.

Just for other people to be aware. I had really bad experience with them. Really disappointed.

I paid for full coverage including windows, roof and wheels. With ZERO excess. When returning they found a scratch on a bumper. They charged me 70 euro EXTRA for "Administration fee". It was not mentioned because I had to pay 200 euro for full insurance.

So total rental was 250 euros for 7 days. The administration fee was not mention on your side and it was not mentioned by the representative when taking the car.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,11,233 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Even with full coverage, an administrative fee is typical with all suppliers.

Renting a car in Sicily:

https:/…76523144

When we returned the car at palermo airport...we mentioned a small dent in the fender and a scratch just above it. We were charged about a 60 euro administrative fee for this.

Noleggiare Terms & Conditions:

Art. 7 (Customer Responsibilities).:

Client responsibility is extended to the cost of repairs, the loss in value of the vehicle, to the loss of revenue from rental quantified according to the criterion described in Article. 6 for the failure to return the vehicle on the agreed terms, the costs of towing and storage and administrative costs incurred in the management of any event or claim arising from the damage caused to the vehicle or the left, which will be charged to the customer as provided in the Price rent.

Vagabonda

Omsk, Russia
Level Contributor
47 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

I recommend to stay away from this company. I had awful experience with them.

This September I rented the car at Palermo airport. First I had to wait more than 2 hours the car with automatic transmission I booked. During pick-up I gave the BOA credit card for €1200 security deposit. I slightly scratched the car and paid €300 damage by another card. One month has passed and Noleggiare charged my BOA card for the same amount - €300. After more than a month correspondence they admitted that charged me twice but didn't return the money. I had to dispute transaction with Bank of America. Waiting for their decision at the moment.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,11,233 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

Good luck with this Helenek, and please report back.

Vagabonda

Vilnius, Lithuania
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?

I rented car in Bergamo airport- there was no one to inspect it when I returned it, and of course a day later they found some scratches (I am sure I have done nothing to the car)...and 670 eur.

I thried to contact them- no reaction at all.

I strongly recomend not to have any business with them.

If you look up the reviews of other people- all say the same.

Mentioned in this post
Bergamo
Bergamo
Province of Bergamo, Italy
Reply to: Is Noleggiare a reliable rent a car hiring company?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted