We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to Piazza Romana

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to Piazza Romana

My wife and I will be in Sicily in May and in Taormina from perhaps 23 May to 28 May. We would like to go on a couple of organized group day tours (not expensive private tours) in particular a tour to Piazza Armerina (that does not include Agrigento which we are going to from Palermo a week earlier). It seems that interbus.it has a barebones tour to Piazza Armerina for 18 euros. Sicilyexcursions.com shows only a tour that includes Agrigento. Any advice on good tour operators that do Piazza Amerina? Also, how inundated with tourists is Taormina at the end of May?

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
SunnySicily
Sightseeing Tours
Taormina Walking Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
CityBySee
Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
3 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,908 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to Piazza Romana

Welcome to Sicily Steven B!

Taormina isn't extremely busy the end of May as the film fest and performances begin in June, and May is early for beaches even if the lidi would be open. Cruisers are your main concern, and so you might consult cruise schedules for Messina, Catania, and Giardini to determine how busy the town would be during the time of your intended visit.

Private excursions are possible, but those indicated are the primary companies running the group bus excursions.

Taormina to Agrigento & Piazza Armerina:

tripadvisor.com/…36177750

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Messina
Messina
Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to Piazza Romana

Thank you Vagabonda for your very quick response, especially on New Year's Eve. We will explore our options for tours. I much appreciate all the smart advice you have provided travelers to Sicily over the years.I find it very helpful. Happy New Year!!!

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,908 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours to Piazza Romana

Grazie mille Steven B!