We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Taormina

Brisbane
5 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Taormina

We will be getting married in Taormina at the Palazza dei Ducchi in Deptember 2018. There will only be 6 of us and we would like to walk to a restaurant after the ceremony. Does anyone know of restaurants that are rustic, romantic and with good rustic food and good service. We don't want any of the usual wedding reception white table cloth and seat bows sort of stuff. We just want a beautiful place - maybe in a rustic courtyard garden, where we can book a table and order good rustic food from the menu surrounded by locals eating out.

Maybe also be able to play some music in the background.

Any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
8 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,860 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Congrats moirainitaly!

December might be cold for a garden.

Perhaps consider Osteria RossoDiVino or Maffei's.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Osteria RossoDiVino
Osteria RossoDiVino
1,409 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Maffei's
Maffei's
440 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
2. Re: Wedding in Taormina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2017, 18:05

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,860 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Our guidelines for Forum posts:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Vagabonda

Brisbane
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Thanks for the info Vagabonda

We are now looking at last week in September or first week in October. We need to find out what the best (all restaurants open and bars with music for drinks after) evening would be. We don’t want to pick a day and find out places we want to go are closed. Can you tell me what day is best for wandering the town with great places open?

You have recommended a couple of restaurants which both look great. Can you also tell me some bars that are intimate with nice music and atmosphere that we can walk to in our wedding clothes after dinner. Nothing flashy with disco music scene though.

Finally can you tell me how I can book the Palazza di Ducchi directly without using a wedding planner. I seem to remember finding an online booking form on the internet but cannot find it again. I have a phone number but my Italian is not so good and I may not understand.

Kind regards Moira

A

Belfast, NI
Level Contributor
470 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Taormina

There isn’t a half day closing in Taormina, some bars or restaurants will close one night in the week, my experience is that is more likely Tuesday or Wednesday. But that’s only a few, September is still tourist season. Personally I’d say go for a weekday as Taormina is a wedding destination and ideally you don’t want to compete with other weddings for photos. As a bar for a drink after, I’d say Hotel Metropole on the Corso. It is pricy, 20 Euro for a cocktail, but views are amazing and staff are nice and it is a special occasion. They might have some jazz musicians depending on the night but nothing too thumpy. Otherwise Mocambo bar or wunderbar might be potential choices. Other bars I can think of are either very casual (arco rosso is always my first choice but it’s very low key for a post wedding gathering:)) or very noisy!

Edited: 22 November 2017, 13:38
Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,860 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Taormina

There are many pubs, and you can read reviews online as well.

gotaormina.com/en/…bars__pubs_guide.html

You might find this thread helpful.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18789…

Vagabonda

7. Re: Wedding in Taormina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2017, 07:05

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,860 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Taormina

Perhaps at look at TA guidelines....

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Vagabonda

Reply to: Wedding in Taormina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted