We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train station to town- shuttle bus?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
188 posts
394 reviews
Save Topic
train station to town- shuttle bus?

I am on a cruise docking in Messina and keen to get the train to Taormina. Is the cheapest and best way from the station to the town the little shuttle bus and if so is there somewhere I can get a timetable. We are in port on a Tuesday (16th may) .

Mentioned in this post
Messina
Messina
Sicily, Italy
6 replies to this topic
Belfast, NI
Level Contributor
470 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

See linea verde here - it would be the cheapest option.

www.taorminaservizipubblici.it/index.php…

Very reliable little bus though can be crowded. The main Taormina stop is Piazza San Pancrazio. Cost 1 euro pp.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
188 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

Brilliant -thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
188 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

thanks - sadly I don't think the times work as the ship only docks at 11 so we will need to get 12,20 train to Taormina which doesn't arrive until 13.18, next little bus is 14.05 and then we would need to get 15.08 one back as next one just a little too late for 17.22 train. Will check interbus !

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,726 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

What a shame. That can be a problem with cruises. The time in port doesn't always allow for trips too far away unless you cna take some kind of organised tour.

That's how we visited Taormina from Catania a few years back. There wasn't any other practical way to do it.

detroit, michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

Hello - sounds like your situation is similar to one we expect on a Royal Caribbean cruise we have scheduled for September 2018. Can you tell me how you solved the problem? Was there an Interbus that worked better with your schedule, and was it difficult to locate? How did you obtain your tickets? Schedules? Any additional information or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,07,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: train station to town- shuttle bus?

What time will you dock and depart, and how much time will you enjoy in port.

And what day of the week?

You would either take the train or Interbus.

Schedules aren't posted to far in advance.

You would purchase your tickets at a biglietteria prior to boarding the bus.

Vagabonda

Reply to: train station to town- shuttle bus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted