We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurofly?

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Eurofly?

Has anyone out there ever flown Eurofly? I've never heard of them before. Trying to plan a very impulsive last minute trip to Sicily(leaving the 16th) and the package I may buy from italiatour requires I fly Eurofly. I've drilled into the site for feedback but I'm looking for more recent experiences. Thank you in advance.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,01,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurofly?

There are many, many former threads about Eurofly!

Direct flights from JFK to Palermo are seasonal - usually April-May to November. It is considered a budget airline.

Eurofly was a subsidiary of Alitalia, and charter company of Alitalia!

Eurofly does change schedules by season, and they are slow to post new schedules. They also fly to different destinations on different days of the week, so it has to fit your schedule, or you have to work around their schedule, but the savings (and convenience of direct flights to Sicily) is significant! It is considered a budget airline!

Here are the stats for Eurofly:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRating/flightRatingByCarrier.do?airline=%28GJ%29+Eurofly&x=10&y=8

It really doesn't have a high cancellation rate.

Meridiana - Advertising "Low Cost, High Quality", Meridiana is an Italian airline focusing on destinations in Spain and Italy.

Eurofly:

http://www.eurofly.it/EN/

Our history:

The recent acquisition of Eurofly by Meridiana Group, reinforced the company's strategy by adding new planes to its fleet, which is now composed of 35 modern aircraft.

Eurofly was created seventeen years ago. Since 1989 it has come a long way, making many changes in its management and its fleet, which is on average less than 4 years old, continually searching for ways to better satisfy its customers', passengers', tour operators' and travel agencies' needs.

December 28, 2006: Meridiana Airline Group acquired 29,95% of Eurofly shares.

The recent acquisition of Eurofly by Meridiana Group, reinforced the company's strategy by adding new planes to its fleet, which is now composed of 35 modern aircraft.

January 2007: new non-stop flights Rome Fiumicino - Delhi were introduced with 3 weekly frequencies. This new operations will improve the relationships between Italy and India, both for tourism and trade, both for incoming traffic from India and outgoing travelers from Italy. Efficient domestic connections within India are ensured thanks to a commercial agreement with Kingfisher Airlines and Air Sahara, while domestic feeding traffic from the North and South of Italy are guaranteed by Meridiana and Air One.Flights to New Delhi are operated by A330 aircraft fleet with 26 business class seats and 256 economy class seats.

May 2007: Eurofly is the only Italian carrier to operate seasonal direct flights between New York City and 6 different Italian airports: Rome Fiumicino (5 flights per week), Bologna (2 flights per week), Naples (3 flights per week), Palermo (2 flights per week), and, as of May 2007 Pescara and Lamezia Terme (1 flight per week via Bologna). In addition to reaching a wider customer base and exploring a new market segment, this project allowed Eurofly to develop long-haul routes on destinations with a reverse seasonality compared to the ones traditionally operated by the carrier.

Today Eurofly is the Italian carrier leader in "leisure" sector and it is the 4th Company Airline in Italy (source: yearbook ENAC)

earlier threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k1536…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k9465…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187890-i418-k1317…

Enjoy Sicily! :-)

Vagabonda

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurofly?

Wow Vagabonda, just happened to have that info at your fingertips,eh! People on this forum are amazing. The Euofly website is a little sketchy so I am/was a little concerned.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,01,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurofly?

surfcity04 , if Eurofly's schedule matches yours, go for it! There aren't many differences airline to airline.

It is a budget airline, so have realistic expectations.

Wishing you a great time in Sicily!

Vagabonda

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurofly?

We took Eurofly in October 2007. When we purchased the ticket it was round trip to Palermo non-stop. On the way back they changed to a stop in Rome to discharge Rome-bound passengers and pick up New York bound passengers. They were late (excusable) but kept us in the transit terminal for several hours without food or water (not excusable). As Vagabonda says, have realistic expectations.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,01,869 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurofly?

This was posted on the Rome Forum today!

tripadvisor.com/…9476559

If you want budget fares, you have to have realistic expectations! As Agatha said, "you get what you pay for..."

Sad to say, but there's not much difference airline to airline!

Vagabonda

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurofly?

There's not much difference airline to airline, but Eurofly is flakier than any other airline I have ever used. Not to say I wouldn't use them again, if the price is right. Do take something to eat with you, as the food is horrible even by airline standards. It all seems to be made of cardboard. A friend of mine flew with them recently and the breakfast never materialized at all, not even coffee.

7. Re: Eurofly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 23:47