We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
151 reviews
Car hire

Hi any recommendations for good car hire companies at Palermo airport we’re first timers to Sciliy! Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,15,270 posts
1. Re: Car hire

Hire from Auto Europe (https://www.autoeurope.com/) and Europcar in advance, and with super coverage insurance.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g24405…

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
8 posts
189 reviews
2. Re: Car hire

Avoid Greenmotion Palermo.

They are real scammers.

It happened to me and to several other customers that they charged a lot of money for negligible or non-existent damages.

They do that sistematically, as it looks clear reading Italian forums.

Stay away.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,15,270 posts
3. Re: Car hire

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18789…

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
4. Re: Car hire

Where do you find super coverage insurance? Every site I have been on has insurance included but then stings you with the excess.

shanghai
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Car hire

We just cameback from sicilly holiday we used budget Avis at Palermo airport it was a long que when we arrived at 9:30 pm.took us one hour to do the paper works. We payed 400 in Euro for 14 nights and payed the full insurance ,, when we returned no etxra charged,, very happy costumer.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 15:13
shanghai
Level Contributor
69 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: Car hire

Check the full coverage of car insurance ,, it's called Lloyds excess car.. My husband used this company when we hired the car at Palermo. He payed the full coverage online in advance before we hired the avis car rental

Edited: 05 August 2018, 15:17
Norway
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: Car hire

Is it ok to purchase the supersaver coverage directly from autoeurope? Last year I booked with Goldcar through a third party and purchased a third party full coverage insurance online. When I picked up the car, Goldcar said my insurance wasn't valid for them - so I had to purchase their insurance as well to be sure. I don´t want to have the same experience again :-)

Norway
3 posts
1 review
8. Re: Car hire

CAR HIRE PALERMO: Is it ok to purchase the supersaver coverage directly from autoeurope? Last year I booked with Goldcar through a third party and purchased a third party full coverage insurance online. When I picked up the car, Goldcar said my insurance wasn't valid for them - so I had to purchase their insurance as well to be sure. I don´t want to have the same experience again :-)

2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Car hire

Hi Vagabonda,

We are new to Sicily and thinking of hiring a car from Palermo airport to our hotel in San Vito Lo Capo but after reading the reviews of car hire companies there seems to be a lot of rip off merchants.

Do you know which companies are reputable and not out to rip us off.

A small list will be great.

Kind regards

Nick

2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Car hire

Hi,

Don't suppose you got an answer to which companies are good and reliable without ripping us off, did you?

I'm going on the 12th of this month and would love to know myself... unfortunately I've gone through all the forums but they all seem to be bad companies.

Kind regards

Nick

Reply to: Car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted