We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request for suggestions for 5 days in Sicily (Siracusa)

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Request for suggestions for 5 days in Sicily (Siracusa)

We are a group of 4 who have never been to Sicily. Me, my wife (who speaks Italian), our daughter (a mature 8 years old) and her grandmother (a fit 72 years old).

We rented a car and have an apartment in Ortygia. We arrive 29 June after spending 5 days in Florence. So far I have the following planned:

29 June: arrive, car, apartment, get settled

30 June: 10-2, private tour of Siracusa incl. temple, market, etc

1 Jul: 6pm tour of Valley of the Temples

2 Jul:

3 Jul:

4 Jul: Flight out

So we have time on July 1, 2, and 3. I didn't want to cram too much in but I also don't want to miss anything what we shouldn't. We do want to make a stop in Noto but don't have an agenda. We'd love to do a wine tasting but although my daughter is patient that's not fair to her.

Things we've thought of doing which I'd love some input on: beach (White Fountain?), boat tour, olive farm/mill, Etna. We are happy to go out on our own or meet a tour guide.

We are all super excited to visit Sicily. We've been traveling to Italy every summer for the past few years. We always anchor in Florence at first and then try to go somewhere new. This year, it's Sicily!

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Request for suggestions for 5 days in Sicily (Siracusa)

Oh, one addition: we booked a reservation at Sicilia In Tavola based off a recommendation from our apartment owner. If there are any other places in Siracusa that require a reservation please we'd love to know about it!

Reply to: Request for suggestions for 5 days in Sicily (Siracusa)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted