We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alghero or Bosa

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Alghero or Bosa

We are flying into Alghero, the first week of June and can't decided whether to stay at Bosa or in Alghero. We want to be walking distance from beaches and restaurants which both seem to have. Any ideas gratefully received.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Both are very nice but i would go for Bosa, the beach is lovely and there are good restaurants, there is a hotel close to the beach called i think Baja Romantica, a friend stayed there and liked it, Bosa is a lovely town steeped in history, if you have a car there are lots to visit in the surrounding area. Bosa is approx one hour south of the airport and i would take the coast road., if you meet more than 2 cars then youve been unlucky. Good hunting

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alghero or Bosa

I totally agree; both are lovely but Bosa is just gorgeous and is the winner for me. Do try and do at least one night in Alghero too though if you have time!

I've stayed in Corte Fiorita in Bosa which is well located right on the river with friendly staff and great breakfasts

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alghero or Bosa

My husband and I stayed in an apartment in Old Town Alghero last September and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful little town with just a maze of little streets full of boutiques and restaurants. We hired a car so getting to the local beautiful beaches was not a problem but there did seem to be a very good bus service. We did drive down to Bosa which is a lovely coastal drive but we were so glad we had chosen Alghero as our base. Alghero wins hands down for us.

Marina di Sorso
Level Contributor
45 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alghero or Bosa

I've been living on Sardinia since many years. Our beaches are world famous...around the island. I love "our" Northern beaches a lot. There are so many, so if you come to the North, I recommend ALGHERO, for me the most beautiful CITY on the island.

You cannot compare to Bosa... which is a very remote place and if you stay for only 1 week, Alghero offers you much more for trips etc.

If you like to know more details, just let me know in advance, I'll be happy to tell you some "insider secrets". Do you need accomodation, then welcome to take a look at these private appartments, too: http://www.sardegnaweb.eu Whenever we have friends coming here, we recommend the 2 in CASTELSARDO and they are all very happy to stay there.

Meet me also online at Skype: sabrinaefabio

Greetings and Ciao, Sasa

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,511 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Bosa is great but you'll have to saty in Bosa Marina to be really near the beaches.

Why don't you do both??

alghero
Level Contributor
469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Come on...Alghero is far better! Especially because from there you can move wherever you want for differend excursions. In Bosa you would be stuck there although there are a couple of interesting excursions to do in that area. Choose Alghero as your base and visit Bosa for a day or an afternoon.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,511 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alghero or Bosa

I think Bosa is worth 2 or 3 relaxing days but Alghero does have more to offer..........

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Alghero is great, we are going back for 6th year running for a few days at the end of May. We stay at the Florida hotel which is across the road to the beach. This is the only place where I keep returning. The hotel looks a little dated but is spotless and the pool area is the cleanest one I have ever been to. We stay on B&B basis which is more than adequate cannot comment on the dinner menu. There is a couple of supermarkets a few minutes walk away where we buy our lunch and eat dinner at restaurant Las Ramblas again a 2 minute walk away.Food is outstanding and very generous portions. The old town is about 15 minutes to walk and is very pleasant. The old town is cobbled and so difficult for us as my husband uses a wheelchair, but the stroll into the town is flat.

Costa de Barcelona...
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Ciao Sasa, I have been to Alghero twice before, I will be there again soon for just 3 days. This time I will be travelling 'on a budget' so rather than hiring a car we will be taking a bus to Bosa or maybe hiring bicycles (I'm not sure if beaches/ beauty spots are easily accesible that way. I have been to Sassari and would not want to visit again (And I remember the train was very slow). I know you are very proud of this area and seem to know the area well- If you could give me any tips or ideas for this visit I would be very grateful.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,511 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alghero or Bosa

Sassari is a grat town..you have to work at it a little but it is DEFINITELY worth at least a day trip.