We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Alghero!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
2 days in Alghero!

Good Afternoon again- I'm looking for advice about what to do with 2 full days in the Alghero area, and then half a day before a ferry ride to Corsica. The ferry will be leaving from Santa Teresa di Gallura. We have rented a car and will be driving from the Olbia airport our first day. I originally planned on visiting Stintino- Pelosa Beach area on our first full day, and Cagliari the second full day, but now I feel that we could visit Stintino on the way to the ferry. Any advice???? We are looking for beautiful beaches, and great seafood. We are willing to drive 1-2 hours, with stops along the way.

Thanks again,

Ilissa

2 replies to this topic
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,794 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: 2 days in Alghero!

Forget Cagliari. Stick to the North.

La Pelosa will be heaving. Personally I would give it a miss at this time of year. Plenty of quieter and nice beaches closer to Alghero if you just want a bit of beach time.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: 2 days in Alghero!

From Alghero a daytrip to Cagliari would not be my idea of fun. It is 250 kilometers one way and googlemaps has the time at 2 hours and 45 minutes one way.

I do not know when you will be there but we drove to La Pelosa in the morning a few years ago at the end of June, took one look and drove away again (the beach was completely covered with people). You can drive to Bosa, look around the village, maybe have lunch there. On the drive to Bosa and back you will find nice beaches, some very small, some bigger.

Reply to: 2 days in Alghero!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted